Friday, August 19, 2016

Recipe: Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce

Disclaimer:  
I over use disclaimers.  I always feel the need to justify why I think everything I do is sub-par.  I am aware of this and I'm working on it.

Out of the gate, I have to say, my meatball game is lacking.  I need a much better meatball recipe.  I used my standard meatloaf recipe in ball form, and it didn't turn out as good as it could have.

Overall, the sauce was good.  But in the future a few tweaks would make it excellent.

Using the pressure cooker made the texture of this sauce amazing, and the flavours were wonderfully developed and married.  It made a sauce in one hour, that tasted like it had simmered all day.

First I pureed my diced tomatoes.   I forgot to remove some of the liquid, and I thought I had made tomato juice by accident, but it actually turned out to be the right amount of liquid.

Then I made my meatballs:
1 lb of hamburger
1 egg
1/2 cup beef broth
1 cup breadcrumbs
(I meant to season these and forgot)


While my meatballs were browning, I got the rest of the vegetables chopped.  I kept it pretty simple with onions, celery, carrots and mushrooms.



When the meatballs had browned, I removed them and sauteed the vegetables.  I added the tomato puree and spices and added the meatballs back in.





I pressure cooked this for 45 minutes.  It took about 15 minutes to come to pressure, so it took one hour overall.



I had thought I would need to simmer to reduce, but it turned out perfect thickness.  Some of my meatballs remained intact, but most of them fell apart.


I boiled some pasta and baked a little garlic toast and - voila - spaghetti and meatballs.

And there you have it friends.

Fondly,
Mrs B

Social Media Links:
Facebook: charity.gruenwald
Twitter: @cgruenwald
Instagram: nicaoidh77
Pinterest: nicaoidh77
Snapchat: MrsBeekeeper

No comments:

Post a Comment